Senior Perception Engineer
Our open position in Memphis, TN seeks an engineer to develop and deploy the visual perception components for our high-speed robot manipulation system. We are looking for an engineer to develop a robust, high quality product and to evaluate its performance quantitatively.
Who we are looking for:
- You have experience integrating and deploying (debugging, calibrating, and optimizing) robotic perception R&D onto real robotic systems. Examples of practical experience include data fusion for object tracking, system calibration, model building and matching, image labeling, and segmentation. Experience enabling robot manipulation and pick and place applications is preferred.
- You want to work for a company that is driven to rapidly field real robots.
- You are passionate about addressing hard perception problems in complex, unstructured environments.
- You are driven and motivated by high-impact engineering applications that have the potential to revolutionize society.
Responsibilities will include:
- developing and implementing algorithms for high-speed detection, tracking, and classification of static and dynamic objects for robotic manipulation from RGB-D data;
- collaborating with our hardware team to configure our RGB-D and related systems;
- investigating new sensors and establishing ways to integrate them into our sensor fusion and perception stacks;
- designing, testing, and supporting your software from simulation to prototypes to, eventually, a scaled fleet;
- and following software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, and rigorous code review.
- You have obtained a PhD, MS, or have equivalent industry experience.
- You are a talented software developer, ideally with experience in C++, and with experience analyzing and debugging robotic perception algorithms.
- You have a strong track record in inventing and deploying innovative perception algorithms to robotic systems in real-world environments.
- You have expertise in relevant technical areas (object recognition, segmentation, dense 3D reconstruction, tracking, sensor fusion, state estimation).
- You are passionate about deploying a large fleet of robots that will operate around people in the real world.
To apply to our senior perception engineer opening, please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "Perception Engineer opening".